roelandb
PC Specification: XP SP3 Q6600 4GB Nvidia GTX260

please remove the cr@pware installer

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:16 pm

please remove the crappy splash lite downloader crap-ware, or at least offer the option for an offline installer.
I can not install the latest versions of your splash lite becouse of this crappy installer, it seems to stop the download half-way and will stay like that for hours... i have tried 5 times and will now give up.
I have always liked and supported your products, but this is really annoying and unnecessary.

vivan
Expert User
PC Specification: Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830TG

Re: please remove the cr@pware installer

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:12 pm

You can always download offline installer from this site o_O What's the problem?
Desktop (Intel i7-970, ATI 5870, Windows 7 x64)
Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830TG (Intel i5-2410M, nVidia GT540M, Windows 7 x64)
PS Vita, Nokia N8

Hoot
PC Specification: Win7 64

Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:17 am

vivan wrote:You can always download offline installer from this site o_O What's the problem?
And, where might that offline installer be?

The problem is all that JUNK that the installer from THIS site wants to install PRIOR to installing "Splash Lite".

It installed no less than TWO different adware suites on my machine, before it even launched the installer for Splash Lite. incredibar and webassistant.

Fortunately, I caught the junk with my startup monitor and removed both cr@pwares with my uninstaller application.

If anyone sees this, and wants to avoid that junk.. The install file for Splash Lite is in C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Temp.

Hopefully the developers will reconsider bundling the junk with their software.
Last edited by Hoot on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:53 am

This 'crapware' part can be easily skipped during Splash Lite installation process by disabling and unticking all boxes. Also read what the pop-up windows says.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Hoot

Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:39 pm

radi wrote:This 'crapware' part can be easily skipped during Splash Lite installation process by disabling and unticking all boxes. Also read what the pop-up windows says.
There was no option to not install the "incredibar". I unchecked the boxes that were listed, then clicked the red x to close that box, it closed and installed it anyway. The installer did not offer an opt out or confirmation for "webassistant", it was never shown. It installed it with out ANY prompt or asking if I wanted it. My start up monitor caught them both. I also saw that it left remnant install files of "incredimail" in my temp folder as well as registry entries for incredimail.

radi
Mirillis Team

Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:25 pm

Hoot wrote:
radi wrote:This 'crapware' part can be easily skipped during Splash Lite installation process by disabling and unticking all boxes. Also read what the pop-up windows says.
There was no option to not install the "incredibar". I unchecked the boxes that were listed, then clicked the red x to close that box, it closed and installed it anyway. The installer did not offer an opt out or confirmation for "webassistant", it was never shown. It installed it with out ANY prompt or asking if I wanted it. My start up monitor caught them both. I also saw that it left remnant install files of "incredimail" in my temp folder as well as registry entries for incredimail.
Toolbar installers are tricky. You have to "Cancel" (even if it's gray) every single pop-up that appears instead of closing it via "X".
Follow us on Twitter:
Find us on Facebook:

Hoot

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:57 pm

radi wrote:
Hoot wrote:
Toolbar installers are tricky. You have to "Cancel" (even if it's gray) every single pop-up that appears instead of closing it via "X".
I am not going to argue with you.. I make my living removing this kind of junk from clients computers.

There was no option to not install the "incredibar".
The installer did not offer an opt out or confirmation for "webassistant", it was never shown.

It truly is a pitty that you folks need to use this junk to make money. I would have reccomended your product, had I not had such experience with this adware that installed with out my input or permission.

qwerty
PC Specification: AMD 8320@4,1 GHz, 16 GiB ram, Win7x64

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:00 am

I also awarded all the check-boxes and installed this crap. It is to be useful - in addition he made such a mess in firefox registers that can not be cleaned (strings in about: config).

radi
Mirillis Team

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Hoot wrote:I am not going to argue with you.. I make my living removing this kind of junk from clients computers.

There was no option to not install the "incredibar".
The installer did not offer an opt out or confirmation for "webassistant", it was never shown.

It truly is a pitty that you folks need to use this junk to make money. I would have reccomended your product, had I not had such experience with this adware that installed with out my input or permission.
I don't know about your experience but I installed Splash Lite many times and none of my browsers got any toolbars. If you are afraid of the toolbars installers or you don't want to install them you can always ask our support team for the offline version of Splash Lite which is free of additions.
Follow us on Twitter:
Find us on Facebook:

Visigoth
PC Specification: C2D @ 2.13 GHz, 2GB, W7 x64, NVIDIA G210

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:34 pm

Hoot wrote:...

Which is why if you want to support the developers with this amazing program, you buy a license for it, just like everyone else. :)

Return to “Splash Lite (free)”