Dan307
PC Specification: i7-2600K, GTX 970, Win 10 x64, 16 GB Ram

Still NO sound from mkv files with dolby

Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:09 pm

I am so unhappy about your Splash 2.04 Premium.
I have NO sound when playing MKV files with Dolby codec sound
I tried to check out if i have any issues with my PC ( I7 on windows 10 x64), or my sound card (Sound Blaster Z working on 5.1 Klipsch Promedia 5.1 speaker system) or some missing codecs.
All works fine, played the so called "faulty" file on BS Player, Windows Player, VLC Player and the sound is all right on all these 3 players.
I did a re-install ( and properly clearing the registry before of it) of Splash 2.04 Premium with same bad results..
It is such disappointing that the file with Dolby sound won't play on your Splash 2.04 Premium..

What else to do? because each time i try to play such type of files i get instead of sound a yellow triangle saying: Dolby Digital Plus and the only ticked box is- Output mode: HDMI Bitstream
This so lame, a pity about the great image enhancement not sustained by decent sound providing
I wait for your solution to make things work
Regards
Dan

bathrobehero
PC Specification: i7-6800K, GTX 1070, 64GB DDR4, Win7x64

Re: Still NO sound from mkv files with dolby

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:30 am

Bumping this, this is super annoying.

E-AC-3 audio codec is not supported which is more and more popular and it should be easy to implement.

And the support didn't even respond in over two weeks.

rasta_nz
PC Specification: Intel-i7-4.8GHz-ASUS-POS-980-32GB-W10

Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:03 pm

And still no updates.

jlnsrk
PC Specification: AMD RYZEN 1700

Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:58 am

I hate to be the barer of bad news but I doubt it will happen any time soon. Splash player 2 seems to use the LEAD SDK for codecs instead of the custom codecs they claim to have on the main page. Don't get me wrong, it makes no difference to me which codec they use because I quite like Splash, but the problem with this is that they need LEAD to add E-AC3 support before they can add it to splash if they insist on using a custom codec. However, windows itself has this codec:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... s.85).aspx
so instead of not supporting E-AC3 at all they could add the windows default codec and everybody would be happy.

Since Splash isn't open source it's rather difficult to add a E-AC3 support as a "mod". One could add E-AC3 by writing a driver which shows up as a virtual audio device that receives the bit-stream from splash and transcodes it but for such an effort you'd need a driver signing certificate which I do not have.

Return to “Splash 2.0”