strychzilla
PC Specification: IB i7, GTX680, W7, 2x 7200 RPM Raid 0

Action! + Sony Vegas 12

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:56 am

Before I purchase I need to make sure I fully understand the product.

For me it records great, however, I do not like the fact that I have to render the video just to receive Audio in Sony Vegas. It also does not make sense that I would have to render the video, just to edit it, and render it again and destroy the quality of the footage. What I have done to avoid this so far (not thoroughly tested) is I drop the AVI into Vegas, render it with Action!, take the rendered copy, put that in vegas and kill the video track. For me this is a pretty big waste of time especially since I record 1080p @ 60 FPS (larger files.)

This may just be my inexperience with the product but another reason I refuse to render in Action! is that it renders it at 30 fps. I need it to be 60 FPS for editing. Is there an option that lets it render in 60 FPS that I am overlooking or is that just how it works. If so then I will never render through Action!. Their needs to be a few more options (for editors) to really make this the #1 recording software.

Anyway, if there is a better approach to editing or a way to render @ 60 FPS with minimal quality loss, please let me know. Thank you.

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Re: Action! + Sony Vegas 12

Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:22 pm

As far as I know lots of YouTube content creators use SV 12 without any problems. I checked myself on Sony Vegas trial and I can easily import my videos to Sony Vegas. Do you receive any error when you are trying to import your file?

If you would like to render your video in 60p use Auto profile. Other profiles downagrade your fps to 30 frames.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

strychzilla
PC Specification: IB i7, GTX680, W7, 2x 7200 RPM Raid 0

Re: Action! + Sony Vegas 12

Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:09 am

How are you importing to SV12? I record with Action! go to my recordings folder, drop the single AVI file into SV and it loads however there is no audio and definitely no multi channel audio even after rendering.

Can you elaborate on your process?

Return to “Video editing”