MikeFox88
PC Specification: Ryzen 7 1700; GeForce GTX 970; Win10 Pro

[Video Recording] Need to record mic audio in different file

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:58 am

Hello,

I'm using Action! to record my gameplays to my YouTube channel. I've bought an Action! license with this only purpose. But right now I'm having a little problem on it to fit my need.

Basically, I'm recording my videos on mp4 format because of its compact size, so, I cannot use the option to record the microphone sound on a different audio track because I know the mp4 format isnt compatible with that functionality. But also, I need the audio on a different track/file so I can free edit it separately.

The solution I'm using at this moment is by pressing F9 and F10 by the same time when I start to record, so I record my gameplay (without the option to record the microphone) and the audio (with the option to record the microphone). With this I'm having the solution I need... a video file with only the game sound and an audio file with only my mic sound.

The problem is... sometimes, by pressing F9 and F10 by the same time, the audio recording isnt starting and I'm having a lot of trouble loosing long game footages because the audio recording didnt started. Also, sometimes the audio recording loses sync and its really a pain to resync everything on edition.

The solution I'm asking is pretty simple:
- Add an information to the in-game hud showing about the audio recording status (F10).
or
- Add to the video recording the option to record only the mic audio to a separate file.

I'm pretty sure it would help a lot of people.

Thank you in advance

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: [Video Recording] Need to record mic audio in different

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:03 am

Why do you think you can not use "record microphone to separate audio track" feature in MP4 recording?
There is no such a limit.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

MikeFox88
PC Specification: Ryzen 7 1700; GeForce GTX 970; Win10 Pro

Re: [Video Recording] Need to record mic audio in different

Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:53 am

Piotr wrote:Why do you think you can not use "record microphone to separate audio track" feature in MP4 recording?
There is no such a limit.
I already tryed it, with many different config options (with both, mp4 and avi formats). But everytime I import the video to Adobe Premiere, the mic track doesnt apear to exist.

Also, looking for a solution arround the internet I found out that the mp4 format doesnt support that feature.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”