21bands
PC Specification: AMD

Gameplay recording coming out almost perfect but not smooth.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:33 pm

I have looked everywhere for a solution to this and im rapidly approaching the point of giving up.

I am willing to consider my pc is not good enough for what im looking for but i feel like this is unlikely. I have a 970 Radeon AMD graphics card (i think that's what it's called) and an i5 cpu.

Im attempting to record at 1080p 120FPS. You may say, 120FPS? Why? Well from what ive noticed videos recorded in 120FPS then rendered at 60 look prefect. My PC gets 500+ FPS while recording so im not too concerned.

Basically i made 2 short clips, 1 recorded then uploaded at 120FPS then the 2nd recorded at 120FPS then rendered in 60FPS then uploaded.

Ive basically elimiated the fact that my rendering settings are causing this issue since it looks the same rendered/not rendered.

My action settings:
Quality: 1080P (tested Original, looks identical)
FPS: 120
Recording mode: game controller w/ game in full screen
Output format: AVI (tested with MP4 looked identical as i can remember.

My monitor is 1920x1080 144hz, top of the line.

Here are the videos i made, if you look at them closely tou can tell it's just not crisp. My fps doesnt fluctuate at all in the video as you can see in the top left.

This video was NOT edited or rendered at all, recorded then uploaded: https://youtu.be/um0i5snBkYk
This video WAS rendered (no editing or effects) in 60FPS: https://youtu.be/Tk1DbnoyHz0

Pratically no dofference if any at all. There is no way my render settings are influcing this.

Im pretty much out of options, not to sound like an asshole but please try to avoid giving me generic "get a better pc" response. If i can run a constant 500 FPS while recording there's no way my pc is causing this non-smoothness (i limited the FPS at 145 in the video(s)).

I was also told that for some reason enabling record system sounds has an effect on the quality, no idea how this could be but all my recordings have been with system sounds disabled. Ill try this when i get a on my PC.

Someone please...

E_xplode
PC Specification: i7-8700k, gtx 1060 6gb, windows 10 pro

Re: Gameplay recording coming out almost perfect but not smooth.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:14 am

Lol why would you get a pc like that for Minecraft
and i have the same problem

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”