Holig
PC Specification: i7-4790K CPU, 16MB ram, GTX 1070, Win 10

.bat file crashes

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:42 pm

I run some software, mainly games, and sometimes those games I will have have other software running in the background. A prime example is when I play Elite Dangerous, I have the game and three other programs running for the game this includes Action, which of course is used for recording purposes. It can be a pain having to start 4 different programs when I want to start the game, so I use .bat files to run all of them with one click. I have no problems starting any of the programs apart from Action, which will start show the UAC when I click yes everything is still fine, I get the starting logo for Action then it just stops/crashes. The program itself will run fine if I click on the link to the program which is the same link as I have used in the bat file, it also doesn't matter which order it is put in, it always results in the program crashing. It also doesn't matter if the link to Action is in a .bat file all by itself it still crashes.

I can't figure this out, at first I thought it was because I was using the task scheduler to bypass the UAC but even doing it without this and running the program normally it still doesn't work, while everything else does.

Also can I ask why in this day and age of every site being hacked and customer data being stolen left right and centre, why are you still using an insecure connection for account creation and forum login, you are just asking for trouble.

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: .bat file crashes

Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:55 am

Holig wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:42 pm
I run some software, mainly games, and sometimes those games I will have have other software running in the background. A prime example is when I play Elite Dangerous, I have the game and three other programs running for the game this includes Action, which of course is used for recording purposes. It can be a pain having to start 4 different programs when I want to start the game, so I use .bat files to run all of them with one click. I have no problems starting any of the programs apart from Action, which will start show the UAC when I click yes everything is still fine, I get the starting logo for Action then it just stops/crashes. The program itself will run fine if I click on the link to the program which is the same link as I have used in the bat file, it also doesn't matter which order it is put in, it always results in the program crashing. It also doesn't matter if the link to Action is in a .bat file all by itself it still crashes.

I can't figure this out, at first I thought it was because I was using the task scheduler to bypass the UAC but even doing it without this and running the program normally it still doesn't work, while everything else does.

Also can I ask why in this day and age of every site being hacked and customer data being stolen left right and centre, why are you still using an insecure connection for account creation and forum login, you are just asking for trouble.
Hello, you need to start Action! in a proper workspace which is its installation folder.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”