vichwiv
PC Specification: windows 10

Recording Microphone with Action

Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:56 pm

There has only ever been two problem ive had with action. 1 being that I cant figure out how to get it to record everything in separate tracks and export at once. The second is that I use an audio Interface, and action only allows me to record my microphone in stereo. Because of that it will only come in through the left ear, cause its a mono signal being read by action as stereo. I dont think there's a way in action to fix this, so I plead to the developers to add an option for stereo or mono input for microphones.

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: Recording Microphone with Action

Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:51 am

Thank you for your feedback. We will see what we can do with microphone in mono.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

ChaeEatWorld
PC Specification: Intel i7-6700K, nVidia 980 ti, Win 10Pro

Force Audio Mono to Stereo?

Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:43 am

I have a Shure SM7B mic that I would love to use to stream with Action.
The issue is, I'm using a FocusRite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface and the mic inputs only produce a mono signal. This isn't an issue if I'm recording something that I can then later clone the audio track to the other channel. When streaming, the audio simply comes out of one channel, which depends on which input I have the microphone plugged into.
There's no option to force mono -> stereo in Action.

Are you guys planning on implementing some sort of option like that? It would be massively beneficial to those of us with some fancier than usual mics and whatnot.
Thanks in advance.

Etheryl_Games
PC Specification: i7 4790S, GTX 980, Windows 10

Re: Recording Microphone with Action

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:20 pm

Piotr wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:51 am
Thank you for your feedback. We will see what we can do with microphone in mono.
A year and a half later and nothing. Where are you on this Mirillis? This simply can't be that difficult of a problem to solve. You've been working on updating Action! for quite some time now, as I've seemed to be updating it every few weeks for quite some time. Why is this not solved yet?

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”