riccicedric
PC Specification: i5-4210H @2.90GHz / GTX 970M / WIN 10

Request - Microphone downmix to mono

Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:03 am

I would like to know if it is planned in your Roadmap to implement a functionality to be able to downmix to mono the microphone input from and external audio interface with a profesional condensed microphone pluged in.

Cause at the moment some of the recording options of you software are unusable with this kind of profesional setup (Live Streaming as an exemple) as the audio is only listenable on the left channel.

As an exemple, that is something we can do with OBS Studio
(Screen capture attached)

Sincerly,
Attachments
OBS.png
Downmix to mono in OBS
OBS.png (4.32 KiB) Viewed 12579 times

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: Request - Microphone downmix to mono

Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:06 am

Hello,
thank you for contacting us.
There should be some fixes to your issue with next release.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

C.m.H. Bolle
PC Specification: i7-6700K Geforce GTX1080 Win 7 Pro

Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:04 pm

I would also be happy if it is intregiert soon in the "Action". Many AudioFaces have mono microphone outputs. Thank you

digit
PC Specification: i7 GTX980 16Go ram W8.1

Tue May 09, 2017 9:35 am

+1 again for this, still not released...

vichwiv
PC Specification: windows 10

Wed May 10, 2017 8:41 am

Please add this, I use a monophonic microphone connected to an interface. So it just out puts the stereo signal with action. It would be amazing to have an option for mono, especially since it has options for just about everything else. In the mean time the only solution I have are programs called VB meter and vb cable; these allow me to reroute my mic signal to a virtual cable and eq/compress it a bit and send it to its own mono output signal. But id like to not have to do that since it take more of my computers power

Etheryl_Games
PC Specification: i7 4790S, GTX 980, Windows 10

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:17 pm

It's a little frustrating that these kinds of posts have been going around for a while without any resolution. I'm not a programmer, but this does not seem like a very difficult problem to resolve. I simply cannot stream with Action! feasibly because all of my microphone audio is panned left - and I should not be forced to buy a new USB microphone simply because the service that I paid for doesn't support a service that a competing FREE counterpart (OBS) has.

I've seen posts where Mirillis will respond with something mechanical like, "Thank you for your input. We will look into it." Clearly they're not, and haven't been trying to solve this, because it should be simple. If they figured out how to develop a software that functions as a game capture software and can record gameplay and audio and stream, they can surely figure out how to develop this audio bug.

Mirillis, take care of your customers. I like and enjoy your service, but you need to address these simple fixes that people have been bringing up now since (from the last post I saw) January of 2017. As stated before, I paid for your service, where as I can use OBS for free and have many more custom options. And if you do happen to respond to this post, show a little sign of good faith and maybe provide a human answer? Not just the copy-pasted response. Give us something more substantial than to lie and say you're looking into the problem when we've been waiting a 1 1/2 half years without a word of an update about this.

ThraxxMedia
PC Specification: Ryzen 5 1500X, Radeon RX 480, Win 7 x64

[Issue] Stereo microphone only recording the left channel

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:24 am

Hello,

Issue as briefly described by the thread title: I own a Rode NT1-A condenser microphone which is connected to a mixer, which then goes into the microphone jack of my computer. Unfortunately, for some odd reason it's detected as a stereo device ONLY (no option to set it to "mono" on the Windows sound panel or whatsoever). This leads to Action recording it so you only have the microphone audio on your left ear.

Version of Action since this is occurring: I don't quite remember, but it's been an issue for me for at least over a year or so. A simple solution would be to offer a "downmix to mono" option in the Action software. Other programs like Open Broadcaster Studio do this for example.

My system specs, just for the sake of completion:

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
Monitor Resolution: 1080p
Video Editor: irrelevant, microphone audio is stereo (with only the left channel audible) regardless of where you open it
Game Problem: not specific to any game
Video Type: MP4 recording

I have the latest audio and video card drivers installed. I apologize if this has been brought up already, but since it's been a long time (and was never addressed / fixed) I thought I would give it a go and make a post here.

Thanks.

cyber7148
PC Specification: Ryzen 5 3600x, 3070 8Gb, Windows 10

Wed May 13, 2020 9:41 pm

Triexy
PC Specification: I7 2600k, Geforce 970, Windows 7 64bit

Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:37 pm

that's great that I don't have the problem anymore, but this is the reason why I bought Action, so that I have ingame and microphone in one file, so that I can edit it later more comfortable.

Triexy
PC Specification: I7 2600k, Geforce 970, Windows 7 64bit

Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:30 am

Ok I found a way u need to record it as stereo to example with a Audiointerface and Action will recording it fine :)

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”