saml
PC Specification: i7-6700k , gtx 1080, windows 10 64-bit

Mirillis Action! Doesnt support background removal Stargazer

Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:55 pm

Hello there,

I have tried putting in a support ticket, but after choosing "technical support" , the next drop down menu to choose more specifically the problem plaguing me just says "make selection", with no real options to choose from. I have also messaged Mirillis on Facebook, asking for support with this issue, yesterday and haven't gotten a response yet. I looked as best I could for a phone number to call but was unable to find one. So, with all that said, I am truly sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I haven't been able to acquire help any other way as of yet.

I just got my Razer Stargazer two days ago, and plugged it into my pc, some drivers downloaded I guess - the intel realsense sdk, runtime, depth camera mangager, etc... and all that. And I've gotten a confirmed messaged from mirillis on facebook telling me that you guys support the stargazer, and also on their facebook page, they made a post on their timeline saying they support it and mentioning dynamic background removal of course.

This is my MAIN problem, I just want the background removal to work, thats it. I've looked at the tutorial, I've downloaded the version of mirillis action! that supports intel real sense, I've done all that, and when I go to the webcam settings tab to choose out "intel realsense background removal" just how it says in the video tutorial you guys have up, that option is not there for me. I have 3 options, being, "intel realsense rgb, intel realsense virtual driver, and intel realsense depth" . Those are the three options I am presented with. The "intel realsense rgb, and intel realsense virtual driver" options just both function as a normal webcam does, after selecting them and the webcam preview button to see what is happening via a live demonstration. Then when I choose "intel realsense depth" and choose the preview button, the area that the webcam preview would be in is just all green. The whole box is green. And again, there is no option for "intel realsense background removal" that the website and video tutorial suggests should be there :(

This has been very frustrating for me, since I've been looking forward to this for a very long time, and when I finally got it I'm unable to do it at all. I have also put in multiple support tickets with Razer to get an answer/support from them on this problem, but they haven't even answered me. I am posting here, and asking Mirillis if they might know any solution, because I want to ask both parties, and really just try and narrow it down as far as possible. My PC meets all of the specs for the camera of course.

Please don't mistake my tone in the message for anger against Mirillis, as its far from that. I love this program, and all it has helped my achieve in terms of videogame/facecam recording and montages. This is absolutely the best option out there for me. I'm just obviously frustrated because this background removal is literally the last thing I need to really perfect my videos :) ! with the background removal, it will look so much more clean without a box, and annoying background of my room in there, where there could be gameplay.

So, if anyone has had the same issue, or problem before, or anyone from Mirillis can duplicate this issue, and let me know how to solve it, I'd be extremely grateful, happy, delighted, amazed, etc. This is the ONE thing keeping me from really getting my videos the way I've imagined!

Thank you for reading this and I hope to hear from someone!

Sam

smudgy67
PC Specification: Win10 ; Intel i9-9900 ; NVIDIA RTX2070

Re: Mirillis Action! Doesnt support background removal Stargazer

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:10 am

Hey Sam,

I purchased 'Action!' yesterday for the exact same reason as you.
Same camera, good PC spec, but as you, the same three options and not 'background removal' option.
I guess you got this camera and software for the same reason I did; I also guess you're as frustrated as I am.
After posting a help message and sending a direct email to the support, I still haven't heard anything.

Did you get the problem resolved in the end?

All the best,

Dominic

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”