callous4567
PC Specification: i7 4770k GTX980 16GB DDR3

Action! Performance Issues on Minecraft

Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:23 pm

Hello!
I've came to this Forum because I've exhausted the ideas I had pertaining to my issue. The problem is purely a matter of performance, and the outgoing product is perfect however the actual game performance during recording is less than satisfactory and I can't figure out why.

My PC Specifications are as follows :
Processor : i7 4770k @ 4.27 GHz
GPU : GTX 980 @ 1327 MHz
RAM : 16 GB DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
Sound Card : Asus Xonar D2
HDD/SSD/Storage : 2 WD Caviar Black 2 Tb HDD, Toshiba Canvio 1 Tb External HDD, 480 Gb Kingston HyperX SSD

The issue is that without recording I can steadily achieve a framerate past 600; it's pristine and works perfectly. As you can assume the problem when I start recording, the FPS decreases by a factor of more than 10; it's terrible and sometimes drops far below 60.

I've tried reinstalling Action!, trying previous versions, switching between codecs (I've tried H.265, H.264, AVI, all of them), changing hardware acceleration settings, rebooting my PC with a clean boot w/o most drivers to see if anything else intervenes, closing all other applications, monitoring the performance of the PC and tracking resource allocation to see whether or not Action! has all the resources it needs, the list continues on.

From what I've found, Action! gladly consumes all the GPU power it needs during NVENC H.265/264 recording, however during recording without Hardware Acceleration on AVI, it will not consume CPU power. It never consumes a lot of CPU seemingly, never getting past 20% overall regardless of the settings I use.

As you can imagine, I'd like some idea on how I can make Action! give me a better framerate while I record. My Monitor is 2560*1440 and I record at 1920*1080; I've tried 1280*720 and Original Resolution, neither give better framerates.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”