Block_BlazerMC
PC Specification: Not enough characters to list.

Mirillis Action only outputs audio on left ear + no skype

Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:58 am

Hey, this is my first time on this forum, so please keep i'm mind that I am not that professional.

Sorry, I couldn't fit all of my question into the subject box, and the title is suppose to be "Mirillis Action only outputs audio on left ear plus does not record skype." Iv'e had this problem with other recording software's, but only Dxtory has had a "Mono" option for audio output. I really like Action, but I cant record with this if I cant record properly. On a different forum, someone suggested to change my audio from "stereo" to "mono" and that worked. Is there any way I can change this setting in Action? Please someone have an answer. :(

WolfsteR
PC Specification: I7 3770k, windows7 64 bit

Re: Mirillis Action only outputs audio on left ear + no skyp

Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:21 pm

Hey there,

I have the same problem as the threadopener. I use an external audio interface (focusrite scarlett 8i6) and when i hook a studio microphone into the mic 1 input action records it as a stereo signal. since there is nothing hooked up to the mic input 2 of my audio interface normally the signal will be heard just from the left speaker.

Is there any option to force action to record it as a mono signal??

I think this software captures video very well and it would be a shame if we are not able to capture audio from our studio microphones and audio interfaces...

Any solution?

Thanks

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:12 pm

There is no possibility to set Mono or Stereo in Action. However Action! uses your system default settings (if not set otherwise) so if you set it as Stereo in your system it should work.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

WizardRex
PC Specification: FX8350, Fury X, Windows 10

Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:31 am

Needed to bump this thread as I also require a force mic to mono option but *still* don't see one. This is a fairly low hanging fruit for the devs, and would make Action so much better.

This is an issue for anyone recording voice with a multichannel external audio interface.

Havinsk
PC Specification: W10, i7 4790k, GTX970 G1...

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:32 pm

UP!
This is essential. I have the same issue because there's no option to set Mono or Stereo. In others programs I have the possibility to change this, but not here. The only choice is to recording the mic through another software like a DAW or an editor audio, and it's ok for me but I'm sure that's a lil bit complicated for people without good PC specs.

Please, consider to work on this, cause it would be really useful, and a great improvement to Action.

digit
PC Specification: i7 GTX980 16Go ram W8.1

Tue May 09, 2017 9:32 am

Totally agree, I record with a mono channel studio mic and have to put it in adobe premiere pro every time ONLY to merge channels.
An ENORMOUS waste of time for nothing.

Setari
PC Specification: Windows 10-AMD Radeon R9 200/7900 Series

Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:38 pm

This is a simple fix for most people.

Open your Sound interface by right clicking the sound icon at the bottom right of your screen and open "Recording Devices".

Then find your active, default microphone and right click on it and go to properties.

Then go to the Advanced tab.

Then 2 things:

A. Make sure your mic doesn't have exclusive mode on (Uncheck the boxes that say Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device and Give exclusive mode applications priority). (Might be different for using skype but if you have issues with your mic volume changing around a lot, this IS what fixes it, It just uh... takes a few days to work or something. I used to have the issue and it stopped a while after I changed that, but not immediately for some weird reason. Also kept muting my mic as well and that stopped after this)

B. Change, in the dropdown menu, to ONE CHANNEL sound. Most likely you want higher quality sound, so you're going to use (This is the option) "1 channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)". If you have a higher one channel setting you could probably use it, just make sure if it doesn't work that you can go lower and test it and don't freak out if it doesn't work, just keep going lower. After you've exhausted the entire list (and made sure your mic is actually plugged in and on), make a new post here on the forum.

Cheers guys. Thanks to everyone who figured it out that didn't post a frieakin' solution. :evil:

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”