ricochetj
PC Specification: Intel i7 2600k, nvidia gtx 770, win7

Record Webcam in separate file.

Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:46 am

I purchased Action about a month ago and the only thing I feel is lacking is the ability to record your webcam in a separate file from screen/game play. I noticed only one other person mention this in the forums so thought it needed it's own space.

For your average user the webcam feature is fairly nice because it aleviates a lot of the burden of trying to sync up the main video with the webcam. However, for any true "let's play" gamer who likes to have their webcam in full screen for effect to add slow motion laughter/scares or dramatic stare it makes it impossible to do (because the quality would suck with zooming in on the small video). So, you are back to using your old built in software or a third party software.

I feel like Action is on the right track (more so than many other software) to give a one stop program for gaming video/audio sync and webcam video. However, until mirillis adds a feature where you can record your webcam separately I will continue to stick with another software for that. There should be a hot key for recording the separate webcam video as well. Hopefully it's in the works. Keep up the good work.

-ricochetj

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Re: Record Webcam in separate file.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:00 pm

Thanks for your suggestion. Currently webcam feature is only a basic feature which will be improved in future versions. I guess the full screen webcam recording will also be supported but I can't guarantee that.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

ricochetj

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:29 pm

radi wrote:Thanks for your suggestion. Currently webcam feature is only a basic feature which will be improved in future versions. I guess the full screen webcam recording will also be supported but I can't guarantee that.
Thanks for the reply radi. It would be awesome if mirillis implemented full screen webcam recording. But I definitely understand things take time to develop, and coding for specific items is no easy task. I look forward to seeing the development of more webcam features (specifically the one mentioned above).

ricochetj

Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:26 pm

Bumping this to make sure it's a priority at some point. Must have feature down the road in my opinion.

Banto
PC Specification: i7 920 3.8GHZ, 7950DC2T v2 12GB Memory

Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:18 pm

This is a feature that i personaly also think is a great benefit if it will arrive.
For people who edit videos we really want as much freedom with creating our videos as possible and this is a very important step to make that possible with Webcams

Potassium
PC Specification: Windows 7, i5, GTX 550Ti

Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:24 am

Also bumping to show my support!

Vshadow
PC Specification: windows 10

Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:01 pm

I was wondering if this was possible currently. Sad that its not!
As others have said sometimes you want to do something different with the camera such make it bigger, hide it to show all the game play or even move it when talking about bits you may be covering.
Hope its something that can be implemented sooner rather than later.

sweduck75
PC Specification: i7-6700K, GTX980Ti, 16GB RAM, Win10

Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:35 pm

A feature such as this would also remove all need of a chroma key feature as we easily can chroma the seperate webcam-file ourselves as we edit the clip.

Lightningstorm23
PC Specification: HP laptop Windows 10 2015 model

Tue May 17, 2016 7:32 am

I would love this; the way i edit my videos would really work with this, but since it's built in it doesn't work, so I have to record in external program, I really hope they introduce this

KrazyCries
PC Specification: Gtx 970 windows 8.1

Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:23 am

As a customer of Mirillis Action I am disappointed that this feature is not yet available. Just get Bandicam it already separates facecam into its own separate file, once you set it up in the settings. I say this all this as kindly as I can. Mirillis needs to keep up with the times. :?

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”