MahJack
PC Specification: Windows 7 64Bit

YoutubeHD

Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:21 am

Hey everyone!

I have recorded a gameplay just to see how it would look like, quality is perfect but when it comes to youtube, it is sooo bad. First, I can only export youtube HD but it doesn't let me upload it because I keep getting this error "Upload failed". Internet speed is 10mb and the software is allowed through Windows firewall and my Antivirus, I also tried disabling Antivirus but it didn't help... So I dragged the file to youtube as how you told to someone else and the quality is still bad. Anyway to upload videos with great quality? And I'm also allowed to upload more than 15 mins video on youtube, although the videos I recorded do not exceed 8 minutes. I would really appreciate your help!

LtMatt
PC Specification: 2700k, 2x290 Crossfire, Win 8.1 64 bit.

Re: YoutubeHD

Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:12 pm

I had the same problem. Best solution is to record in AVI original in Mirillis. Then you need to download virtual dub and the Xvid MP4 codec. Install the codec, then run VirtualDub. Go to options preferences, go to threading and change the 0 to 1, and look for the priority settings and set it to high priority. Now open the file you recorded with mirillis via virtualdub. Now click file, save as avi and save to desktop. Once it's finished you will have a high quality video avi file that you can upload to youtube. File size is not massive either. This is the best solution ive found so far. Youtube buthcers the quality i find.

Cauptain
PC Specification: Core I5@4Ghz, 16GB, ATI R290, WIN7X64

Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:00 pm

For maximum quality capture, the correct steps are:

- Record using AVI mode.
- Encode file using RIPBOT264 with this X264 settings: --colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --colormatrix bt709
- Upload using Youtube site.

Just simple.

Claudio

MahJack
PC Specification: Windows 7 64Bit

Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:32 pm

LtMatt wrote:I had the same problem. Best solution is to record in AVI original in Mirillis. Then you need to download virtual dub and the Xvid MP4 codec. Install the codec, then run VirtualDub. Go to options preferences, go to threading and change the 0 to 1, and look for the priority settings and set it to high priority. Now open the file you recorded with mirillis via virtualdub. Now click file, save as avi and save to desktop. Once it's finished you will have a high quality video avi file that you can upload to youtube. File size is not massive either. This is the best solution ive found so far. Youtube buthcers the quality i find.
Thanks for your reply! I tried but it is still the same. The video on youtube looks so much worse than the original one.
Cauptain wrote:For maximum quality capture, the correct steps are:

- Record using AVI mode.
- Encode file using RIPBOT264 with this X264 settings: --colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --colormatrix bt709
- Upload using Youtube site.

Just simple.

Claudio
Thanks for your reply as well! But could you please explain the second step or show me how?

Cauptain
PC Specification: Core I5@4Ghz, 16GB, ATI R290, WIN7X64

Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:51 pm

MahJack wrote:Thanks for your reply as well! But could you please explain the second step or show me how?

Easy man.

Claudio

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”