nexnecis
PC Specification: i5 2500k, GTX 660 Ti, Windows 7 Home x64

Audio Capture Issues

Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:16 am

Video capture is top notch from my little time of using Action! but I'm having some issues on the audio front. On the Video Recording tab I currently have have "Allow multi-channel audio recording" enabled. While reviewing any clips I get full video and all audio (game sounds, VoiP incoming, and mic outbound) in stellar quality.

Sadly, Vegas has some issues with loading multi channel audio (An issue on Sony's end that I've accepted at this point). I can encode the clips all over again using Handbrake if needed but it's somewhat time consuming and I'd rather avoid that.

I disabled multi-channel audio recording for the time being but on the audio end I'm only capturing games sounds and mic outbound. All incoming VoiP comms (Dolby Axon) are non-existant in the captured clips. I'm currently using a Logitech G35 for dedicated system sounds and mic (both the headset and mic are defaulted in Windows sound control panel for playback and recording). No dedicated soundcard installed either. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

nexnecis

Re: Audio Capture Issues

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:16 am

Well a simple workaround for the time being is to record multi-channel audio and then export the entire video as a MP4 after. Something of an extra step but it will work for now.

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:41 am

Do you use record microphone into separate audio track feature?
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

nexnecis

Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:36 pm

Hey Radi,

I recorded with multi-track enable and disabled. The main problem being that multi-track wasn't recognized by Sony Vegas and stereo was missing incoming comms for some reason. As of now, I record with multi-track enabled to get incoming comms captured and then export out to MP4 after a gaming session. Its an extra step but it works for now.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”