EnViDiaLP
PC Specification: GeForce GTX570, Intel i950, Win7 64-bit

Sony Vegas rendering problem

Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi guys!

I'm a so called "Let's Player", which means that I record some gameplay, do a commentary and upload the video to youtube. After recording a video, I import the files to Sony Vegas 12 Pro (64bit), edit it and try to render it to 1080p, 30fps, 8 Mbit/s. And here's exactly my problem. After some time (mostly around 20-80%) the rendering process just stops / is stuck. I've discovered, that it's always when Vegas is trying to render the gameplay (my vids contain a desktop record and a gameplay record). After some google search I know, that it has definitely something to do with the Action codec. I hope somebody can help me, I'm really not looking forward to get myself Adobe Premiere to be able to render my videos... :/

el3issa
PC Specification: i7 950-Asus DCII GTX 680- 12 GB 1600Mhz

Re: Sony Vegas rendering problem

Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:36 pm

EnViDiaLP wrote:Hi guys!

I'm a so called "Let's Player", which means that I record some gameplay, do a commentary and upload the video to youtube. After recording a video, I import the files to Sony Vegas 12 Pro (64bit), edit it and try to render it to 1080p, 30fps, 8 Mbit/s. And here's exactly my problem. After some time (mostly around 20-80%) the rendering process just stops / is stuck. I've discovered, that it's always when Vegas is trying to render the gameplay (my vids contain a desktop record and a gameplay record). After some google search I know, that it has definitely something to do with the Action codec. I hope somebody can help me, I'm really not looking forward to get myself Adobe Premiere to be able to render my videos... :/
did you know ..

you can use Action! its self to render your recorded videos with faster time and better quality and more easier

EnViDiaLP

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Yea, thats true. I also tried to render my recorded videos to 1080p quality (in Action) and then import 'em to Vegas. Just the problem is, that I need Vegas for editing my videos! It doesn't make much sense to pre-render the videos in Action, to import 'em to Vegas afterwards and then render the finished video again... (even though I tried it, it still doesnt work :/ ).
Is there any other good software you maybe know with which I can edit my recorded videos and render 'em afterwards? To be honest, I'd like a solution for Sony Vegas Pro 12, the software was expensive enough...

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:15 am

Could you post a screenshot of your rendering settings from SV?
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

EnViDiaLP

Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:09 am

Here we go, hope it helps :)
(WMV: HD-1080p-30p-Video with 8Mbit/s; see attached file)
Vegas.jpg
Sony Vegas 12 Pro Rendering Settings
Vegas.jpg (61.19 KiB) Viewed 12283 times

EnViDiaLP

Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:05 pm

Is there really no solution for this problem....??

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:11 pm

By settings I meant the details of your exporting profile. There was an issue with Sony Vegas with accelerated rendring.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

EnViDiaLP

Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:04 pm

Hm, I tried both to import the recorded vids into Sony Vegas without exporting 'em with Action before, and exporting the files with Action (exporting profile see at attached file) and then import 'em into Sony Vegas. As you can see, I'm using the "Auto"-profile. I also tried to export with 1080p (for a good quality, which I need for youtube), but Sony Vegas isn't able to render both files.
Action3.jpg
Action3.jpg (30.48 KiB) Viewed 12260 times

Rikudou
PC Specification: Windows 7

Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:35 am

el3issa wrote:
EnViDiaLP wrote:Hi guys!

did you know ..

you can use Action! its self to render your recorded videos with faster time and better quality and more easier
Some people want to add things onto the video.

FetusZero
PC Specification: Windows 10 x64 / IIx4 965 / HD7950

Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:50 pm

What are the Project Video Properties? (icon on top-left of the video preview window, or alt+enter). I know for sure that setting the pixel format to 32-bit causes my renders to remain stuck 100% of the time, no matter where the imported video comes from. I've read that higher pixel formats are very "crash prone" in Vegas. It's set to 8-bit by default if I remember well, but we never know. That's the only thing I've found in Vegas PRO 12 that causes my renders to remain stuck.

Otherwise, try to render in 720p, once uploaded to YouTube, the difference between 720p and 1080p isn't all that noticeable and it will also greatly reduce your rendering time. I remember that an old version of Vegas used to have problems when rendering in 1080p for me, though it doesn't happen anymore in PRO 12.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”