B1rd13
PC Specification: Windows 7

Action! won't start up

Fri May 15, 2015 4:07 pm

When first turning on my PC and starting Action, I have no problems, but when I close the Action application, then start it again later without rebooting my PC, it wont launch, nor show up in my task manager or nothing.

I don't want to restart my PC every time I want to use Mirillis Action, and re-installing Action, with both deleting files in regedit and everything, does not change anything.
Yes I do open it as admin

SnakeB
PC Specification: Intel I5-4670, Windows 7

Re: Action! won't start up

Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:06 pm

Yeah I'm having the same Problem. Except it sometimes doesn't start after I restarted my PC. It's really annoying.

First time this happened I reinstalled the whole software cleaned up my registry and the AppData Folder and still wanted to work. So I decided to restart my PC and there we go Action! started once again. If I can provide any log files which help you pin point that issues please let me know!

SnakeB
PC Specification: Intel I5-4670, Windows 7

Re: Action! won't start up

Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:25 pm

Hey B1rd13,

I think I found a workaround for this issue where you don't need to restart your PC.

If the problem occurs open you Task Manager and enable "Show Processes from all Users". Than look for an application called action_svc.exe or so. Kill this process. Than try to start Action!. After that it should tell you you need to reinstall the software. Ignore this message and close the application. Than have again a look into the Task Manager and exit the same application if it is running. (I can't remember if it was running the second the time) Than try to start Action! once again. Now it should start normal and everything is as usual.

This worked for me. But I can't guarantee it will work for you.

Anyway, if someone of Action! is reading this you might look at your code which prevents multiple instances of Action!. For me it looks like this is a bit buggy :)

Best regards,
Snake

Return to “General Topics”