jamiemilk
PC Specification: Nvidia Titan

Not Recording - just a black screen with cursor

Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:24 am

Every time i hit the record button the final output file is just a black screen with a cursor in the middle. Anytime i want to record a video I have to uninstall Milliris, delete the Regedit files then reboot, reinstall Milliris, reboot and then it will be able to record a video that is playable.

Can i get some assistance to fix this. I didn't really want to pay for software where I have to keep uninstalling/ re-installing to use it.

Win8.1 Pro
GeForce GTX TITAN BLACK
Intel i7-5960X 3.0GHz
32GB RAM
Resolution: 3440 x 1440 50hz LG Wide Screen

Leroy_2000
PC Specification: AMD FX-8350, GTX 970, Win 8.1 Pro x64

Re: Not Recording - just a black screen with cursor

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:48 am

Yup I have the same problem. Well I did, until about 5 minutes ago. Looks like the problem has something to do with the newest Nvidia driver. I rolled back to 347.09 and it is working again. Using 347.25 it was broken. Like you said, recorded videos only show a completely black video with a cursor in the middle of the screen. Audio seems fine though. I'm using full screen mode to record games and desktop video. Both do the same thing. Someone owes me a free license for pointing out the fix.

On a side note it looks like all my recordings for the last week-ish are all junk. It's too bad I didn't catch this earlier.

Return to “General Topics”