mike2
PC Specification: DELL XPS 8300

Only one soundcard supported?

Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:35 pm

When a PC has multiple digital SPDIF or HDMI outputs, the user can tell Splash in the settings dialog which output it should use. But when a PC has multiple analog outputs, Splash has no option to select the output.

My PC has 2 analog sound cards: One uses the "7.1-out/mic-in/line-in" connectors on the back, the other one uses the "2.0-out/mic-in" connectors on the front. These are really 2 individual soundcards. Every other media player I tested and all games I own allow me to select which output I want to use, but Splash doesn't allow me to choose the output.

It will only output analog sound to the device set as default playback device in the WIndows control panel. When the default playback device is set to SPDIF, Splash will be unable to output anything at all.

It's really a pain in the ass to be forced to login as admin user and to open the Windows control panel just to change the output device.

Will an option to select the analog playback device in Splash be implemented anytime soon?

P.J
PC Specification: i5-4460, 16GB RAM, GTX 960, Win10 x64

Re: Only one soundcard supported?

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:09 pm

It's very simple in Windows 7 but it's good feature specially if Splash could support Asio :?

Return to “Splash PRO EX (Export)”