speedyallan77
PC Specification: windows 7,5870m,i7 720qm ,8gb ddr3,

please fix the splash pro xfi 5.1 choppy sound problem

Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:54 am

splash pro player is totally perfect,but i just have one problem,when i
play dts 5.1 movies with analog 5.1 speaker connectors with my xfi sound card by selecting 5.1 channel in splash pro audio settings and connecting it to analogue creative 5.1 speakers,
there is no problem,but when i choose the xfi sound blaster 5.1 spdif bitstream option in
splash pro with the spdif cable connected to my amp for movies with 5.1
dts tracks,there is a sluttering and breaking sound from my speakers
and the sound track wont play without breaking sound,it has like choppy sound,i am not the only one,i recently read somewhere else where someone had the same problem,im pretty sure its not my laptop and im sure its a splash pro bug because when i use xfi 5.1 with power dvd spdif bitstream,there is no problem.i have the latest
version of splash pro and ive also read many people having the same problem
with xfi cards and splash pro.
my laptop also has integrated realtek digital 5.1 output for spdif,so when i try
that with splash pro and my amp there is no problem or breaking sound.but i
need to use my xfi card since the spdif cable for my integrated digital
output is not long enough to reach the amp so thats why i need to use
my soundblaster card.plus my xfi external 5.1 sound card also has dolby digital live 5.1
feature which my integrated spdif sound card does not have and i use it
for games to get 5.1.my integrated card would just give 2channel for games.
ive also tried using dobly digital live 5.1 in splash pro, which has no problems where
i first select 5.1 in splash pro audio settings,then i use dolby digital live 5.1 in my
creative control panel and i get good 5.1 sound but its not the true dts
stream anyway,it is just real time dolby digital live converting specially meant for games. so for movies i need the real dts audio not a downscaled dd
5.1 live track.besides that the the converted dolby digital live stream is not as loud and powerful as the dts core sound so i dont prefer it.
ive also tried the 5.1 xfi spdif bitstream option in other players like
cyberlink and mpc for dts movies and they had absolutely no problems or
breaking sounds.
eg:when i play a movie with dolby track in power dvd and choose spdif
xfi, my amp would show dolby track 5.1 and when i played a movie with
dts,my amp would show dts 5.1 which meant that the xfi 5.1 spdif pass
through was working perfect with those players and no problems.but this breaking sound problem happens only in splash pro when i chose spdif bitstream for xfi 5.1,can someone explain why?
several users have this problem too.please fix this minor issue splash team!!! i really beg and request you because splash pro is my most favourite player and i will never choose any player above it because of its ease of use.easy apeearance,light on system resources,fast seeking unlike power dvd which takes really long to seek.and finally all the video and audio settings are perfectly organized,its so easy to make a switch between audio settings.really awesome.but please fix this problem.

Return to “Splash PRO EX (Export)”