heitor
PC Specification: Windows 7 x64, HD4670, E5700

No video MKV with hardware acceleration

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:51 pm

Splash Pro EX was working fine with MKV files until yesterday. Now there's no video (green screen), the audio works and it's showing subtitles, unless I turn acceleration off. Already tryed a clean driver install but nothing changed. I'm using the same files that were working before and they're working on other players. Is there something to fix this?

speedyallan77
PC Specification: windows 7,5870m,i7 720qm ,8gb ddr3,

Re: No video MKV with hardware acceleration

Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:08 pm

hi there,i was in ur same situation,i had a similar problem but fixed it.
but before that let me ask u some questions.
1.laptop or pc?
2.model and os?
3.gpu model?
4.does this green screen and interference come with all mkvs or some particular mkvs?
if ur not sure see if all mkvs have this problem of green screen.

answer these.
now let me explain my situation.i had many bluray HD mkvs downloaded,all of them worked well.
my laptop is asus g73jh,i7,ati 5870.
the laptops bios are old since its release and it doesent support the latest ati/amd catalyst control center.
when i needed to play some of the latest games which only works the new drivers,i needed to install the latest graphics driver and my catalyst was 2009 version and i cudnt upgrade because of my vbios ,it didnt work with te latest catalyst,so i had to flash my vbios to install the latest video driver.if i installed the video driver without flashin the vbios then i wud get blue screen of death and grey screen of death within a few minutes.
plus in my situation some of the games running on my 2009 drivers had some slight glitches until i upgraded.
but i have noticed one problem in splash pro also.
all mkvs played well in spalsh pro without and green screen or problems as u mentioned.
but when i downloaded one particular mkv of jurassic park and when i played in splash pro,it started showing green screen like sluttering.
then i got scared,i tried other videos but they had no problem,i tried the same video in other players also and they had the same problem,green screen,then i thought it was a defective video i downloaded.
then i treid once more by playin around with some settings in splash pro and noticed that,when i disabled hardware acceleration,the video worked fine without any green screen.then i wondered why other players like vlc and media player classic had the same green screen problem,then i finally realised that my vlc and mpc were both set to play with hardware acceleration,and when i disabled that in them too,problem was gone.
so now i had to play with software acceleration.but i didnt have to worry coz software acceleration is hardware itself coz in the end it is utilizing ur cpu for playing the video,so if ur cpu is powerful enuf then u wont have to worry.only that its called "software acceleration" but its actually hardware.i have an i7 so no probs.
one more things i that this green screen problem was not there in other mkvs ,just one mkv that in downloaded from torrent,then all the other parts of jurassic that i downloaded from the same torrent source had same green screen problem.
now i didnt know what i was going to do will have fixed the problem.actually since my vbios was old and i needed new drivers coz i wanted to play all the new games,i was at some point forced to update my vbios and then install the latest catalyst control center after flashing or else i wudnt be able to play new games.
aftr getting this done,the gltiches in some of the games were gone and i finally noticed that now jurassic park would play without green screen even with hardware acceleration enabled!! so that means,in the end the driver update was enuf to fix this green screen issue.
hope this story of mine helps.if this idea fixes things for u then plz thank me or else if u have doubts ask me,ill help u.

Return to “Splash PRO EX (Export)”