CMay
PC Specification: q6600@3.0, 4gb ddr 800, gtx275, w7x64

A Few Feature Requests as of 1.13.1.0

Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Input binding configuration and joystick navigation
There are some existing key bindings, but it would be nice to have a list of all bindings with an option to configure them to any input on a keyboard or a gamepad. I know that y'all are likely to eventually implement something like this in the future anyway for Splash TV along with other couch-friendly features, but it would be nice to see them considered soon for Splash PRO/EX as well.

Back/Next feature could do intelligent sorting
Right now if you have numbered files in a directory and use Splash to advance to the next video, it will go 1, 10, 2, 20, 3, 30, 4, 40, etc instead of 1 2 3 4. With basic alphanumerical sorting, that's correct, but it's not taking into consideration the value. Windows Explorer does a good job of sorting these file names.

Video Bookmarks
It might be neat to have 2 different kinds of video bookmarks. One that lets you bookmark a video into a category (putting it in your queue), and one that lets you bookmark seek locations in a video with them marked on the scrub bar with potential hotkey navigation between them. Right now people could simply find out which video they're currently on in Splash, then go open the directory and create a shortcut to that video somewhere, but I think it would be nice to have a clean thumbnailed interface for this in Splash and it is probably something that will exist in some form once work on Splash TV begins anyway.

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Re: A Few Feature Requests as of 1.13.1.0

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:08 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I've added them to our wishlist features.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Return to “Splash PRO EX (Export)”