CMay
PC Specification: q6600@3.0, 4gb ddr 800, gtx275, w7x64

Some Splash bugs, as of 1.12.2.0

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:50 am

Videos no longer display unless Force Overlay is enabled
This has been going on for a while and don't remember an exact turning point when it started. I do know that it wasn't until after I updated to 1.12.2.0, though that is not necessarily related.

The closer correlation is that I was using Action! a lot around that time, then using Splash Pro EX to view the videos that had been recorded. Was using the forced hardware overlay, because it eliminated any minor stutters that may have existed with the DWM enabled. Action! was becoming kind of unstable when the DWM would get disabled/re-enabled a lot in a short period of time (which occurs when Splash Pro uses the overlay), so I had disabled the forced overlay if I wanted to use Splash for viewing the Action! recordings (and I had no choice, since it's the only FIC player).

Everything was fine then, recording in Action! and viewing in Splash Pro EX. Then at some point the video would no longer show up for most video, but you could hear the audio. The time codes that would show up when mousing over the timeline wouldn't get redrawn over, leaving them on the screen. Then Splash would crash after a little while. Some FIC would play, some would not, no MKV or MP4 would ever play.

Turning the forced hardware overlay back on, they play just fine as they should. Tried messing with all the other options to see if they'd fix it without having to disable the DWM, but no luck. Restarting the video driver or doing cold boots didn't make a difference either. It also doesn't matter whether Action! is open or not.

Splash FIC decoder very unstable?
Splash did have almost a 60% chance to crash any time I played a FIC file, so many crashes I lost count. Played other videos fine, but the FIC decoder may be buggy.

Offic3r 3dwards
PC Specification: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

Re: Some Splash bugs, as of 1.12.2.0

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:30 pm

CMay wrote:Splash FIC decoder very unstable?
Splash did have almost a 60% chance to crash any time I played a FIC file, so many crashes I lost count. Played other videos fine, but the FIC decoder may be buggy.
That's exactly what I reported in an e-mail sent to the support team three weeks ago. No reply yet.
Non-OC'ed Intel Core i7 2600K - EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC w/ ACX Cooler

CMay
PC Specification: q6600@3.0, 4gb ddr 800, gtx275, w7x64

Re: Some Splash bugs, as of 1.12.2.0

Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:27 am

Be patient, I think they've already fixed the decoder and just haven't implemented it back in Splash yet since Action! now includes its own player that seems to work flawlessly. Also, they're shuffling their Splash team around, so any updates may be delayed until the new team gets reacquainted.

Return to “Splash PRO EX (Export)”