ocd
PC Specification: Core 2 Duo + GeForce 210 + Windows 10

Wifi Remote for Android and iOS 3.0 and Up Sorely needed!

Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:26 pm

I believe this has been long enough of a wait...

A lot of people have Android and iOs devices, so

1) When are we going to get a fully Networked Splash Pro player?

2) When are we going to get WiFi remote control capability?

XBMC has many, heck I can even control my Foobar with Apple's remote, or various other Apps.

Love SPLASH, but using a Mouse on the couch... not very user friendly.

Still can't FF or Rewind in a Movie or Show, messing with Settings using a mouse while sitting on the Couch...No way to put it on a specific Number. Mouse Controls are not exact.

There are people who need this feature. Are you guys going to get into 2013 any time soon? Time is moving forward guys...Please welcome yourselves into this year. Thanks!

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Re: Wifi Remote for Android and iOS 3.0 and Up Sorely needed

Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:41 am

There's an app plan for Splash PRO including real-time file browsing but currently there's no specified release date for this kind of feature.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

ocd
PC Specification: Core 2 Duo + GeForce 210 + Windows 10

Re: Wifi Remote for Android and iOS 3.0 and Up Sorely needed

Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:09 pm

If this Happens, I am certain MANY people will be VERY Happy.

Splash has what NO ONe else has. It's light weight even on the weakest Dual Cores with a decent GPU.

I use XBMC currently but only because I can use a wifi remote with it and browse my Network. I couldn't care less for all the junk XBMC comes with. It is a CPU Hog, taking upto 75% just in its GUI.

The only problem with Splash is it cannot be used from the Couch without plugging in my Xbox 360 Controller, and even that is not very well supported when it comes to Fast Forward, Rewind, etc.

A lot of us have an old Android device or an old iOS 3.0 device lying around completely useless and if you can make something simple that offers simple Remote control over Wifi and better support for the Xbox 360 controller, I would not have to use the Cpu killing XBMC.

I hope you guys don't break how well Splash works in terms of CPU Usage while implementing these few features.

Return to “Splash PRO”