delmanicomio
PC Specification: i3 3220 7850 win8 x64

any progress of new version ?

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:42 pm

hello mirilis family

first of all thanks for the awesome player

user interface is good, easy to use, and motion2 of course..

but its a bit outdated ?

its last updated on august

and i think it need some improvements

especially less computer source and better motion2 algorithm

but its still good and using for my primary player

any updates planned

thanks
Doğan.

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Re: any progress of new version ?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:27 pm

Last update for Splash PRO was on 04/12/2012.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

gmit
PC Specification: Quad Core Athlon, Radeon 4200, Win7

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:37 am

Hey Radi.

I'm happy with Splash Pro as it is now and normally I think most of the feature requests are either silly or very low priority.

However, your response is a bit insulting. There has not been a proper Splash Pro release in more than a year.

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:41 pm

gmit wrote:Hey Radi.

I'm happy with Splash Pro as it is now and normally I think most of the feature requests are either silly or very low priority.

However, your response is a bit insulting. There has not been a proper Splash Pro release in more than a year.
I didn't want to offend or insult anyone. All the latest updates was to improve things that are already in Splash players.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

0UnknowN1
PC Specification: Intel E8400, nVidia GTX275, Windows 8

Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:17 pm

It would be awesome if the program interface change, seriously guys, it's really outdated. but everything else (except the interface) is awesome.

Thanks

P.J
PC Specification: i5-4460, 16GB RAM, GTX 960, Win10 x64

Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:24 am

Many users are switching to other programs since there was no certain update.
You just don't care about the problems to fix them...

deadlyshadow
PC Specification: AMD Phenom II X4,Geforce 440, Win 7 x64

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:10 pm

there are some features that are missed, like costume subtitle color and size

ocd
PC Specification: Core 2 Duo + GeForce 210 + Windows 10

Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:32 pm

This is also my primary player and I am wondering what the heck is going on?

The picture quality of Splash easily beats the most popular HTPC front end called XBMC. It has Detail Boost, Light Boost, Motion2, Color Saturation, Brightness/Contrast, its by far the BEST Quality I have ever seen, that does not require me to mess around with my Nvidia settings. As everyone knows, Nvidia Control panel is a horribly slow piece of software and it messes up Desktop Brightness/Contrast settings when connecting TV via HDMI, so its better to leave Nvidia Control Panel alone and do any settings from within Splash. Here are some IMPORTANT Updates Splash REALLY needs.

1) Android Remote Control over Wifi or Use YATSE which already Exists for Android. So one can Fast Forward and Rewind Files.

2) TV Interface. Bigger Buttons, etc to view on HDTVs.

3) Larger Fonts in PlayList for HDTV. Larger fonts for EVERYTHING so one does not have to squint their Eyeballs.

4) PRECISE Controls of Brightness/Contrast. The SLIDER Controls are TERRIBLE. If you are on a Couch with a Wireless Mouse, Getting a Precise Control on the Slider is next to impossible. Example. Movie is not bright enough, and want to set Brightness to 25, but its always a Hit or Miss. The FONT is so Small, and you cannot use the Mouse Wheel to Raise or Lower the Slider Controls.

5) DUAL AUDIO OUTPUT: Ability to Output 1 Audio Stream to Multiple devices Simultaneously. Player Reads Dolby Digital, and sends it to Optical, while also sending a Stereo Stream over HDMI.
XBMC Eden Dual Audio patch does this! So it is Entirely Possible. We would like to have Stereo, and also be able to select Realtek to send the Dolby Digital or DTS through Optical or Coax. Please Put DUAL Audio functionality. 1 Stream, 2 Outputs (1 stereo and 1 Surround). It is VERY useful when you are only watching a TV show and only want Stereo, but if you are watching a Movie, you can Simply Turn on the AVR, and have a Surround Sound going through Optical.

6) This is Less Important but Useful. A Movie Library Function where you can Scroll through or view Movies without using Windows Explorer.

PLEASE make these Changes to the User Interface and I can promise you will KILL XBMC Video playing Functions.

There are Very Important features that are SORELY needed in this player. I guarantee that once you guys put those features there, everything else will be HISTORY. There is no Video player that offers a better Picture.

Please give us some news. We need a Major update, not just small tiny updates. I see a lot of the issues people are having is because of issues unrelated to Splash at all. But the issues I have described here are what will bring Splash the respect it deseves.

BDX
PC Specification: SU7300, GMA 4500MHD, Windows 7 x64

Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:29 am

If you have no intentions to develop Splash anymore, please open source this. Splash has the best and the most efficient video renderer and GPU decoder, hands down. Many open source projects like MPC-HC would benefit greatly.

camila
PC Specification: XP

Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:13 am

Excellent post, agerune, I can't add anything. Summarizes all that has been said around here. We understand that Action is the new product to put the efforts on, but Splash Pro seems discontinued. We told we can pay again, we understand, but you depelopers need to pull Splash Pro out of the deep hole is in, deprecated and forgotten for months and months.

Return to “Splash PRO”