pirotrav
PC Specification: i7 2600k, radeon hd6870, 8gb RAM, win7

new release

Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:36 am

Glad to see that development on splash is underway once more. While none of the fixes are overwhelmingly exciting (unless you are japanese), its still great to see continued support. Also of note, I would rather see a paid upgrade (say 10 - 20 bucks) to fully round out this player as opposed to not developing it fully. Not sure if I am alone in these sentiments, but splash is my go to player and it still needs features like vobsub, chapter support, and whatever else the rest of the community feels is missing.

sjc1963
PC Specification: Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit

Re: new release

Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:13 pm

pirotrav wrote:Glad to see that development on splash is underway once more. While none of the fixes are overwhelmingly exciting (unless you are japanese), its still great to see continued support. Also of note, I would rather see a paid upgrade (say 10 - 20 bucks) to fully round out this player as opposed to not developing it fully. Not sure if I am alone in these sentiments, but splash is my go to player and it still needs features like vobsub, chapter support, and whatever else the rest of the community feels is missing.
You're alone.

P.J
PC Specification: i5-4460, 16GB RAM, GTX 960, Win10 x64

Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:27 pm

It was only minor update, so they didn't report.

Yes. We hope too, waiting :roll:

pirotrav
PC Specification: i7 2600k, radeon hd6870, 8gb RAM, win7

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:02 am

@ sjc1963: While I understand your viewpoint, development costs money. The last thing I want is the devs to decide there is no money in Splash and dump it all into Action! or some other product. But it looks like they are working on SPLASH-BD. Frankly, this is by far the best player I have ever used. To me having a player that works well for my movies is well worth a small cash investment. While players like Media player classic offer customization, sometimes it is nice to have a player that just works. Competitors in this category like PowerDVD are garbage, and cost more to boot. Bottom line: I want splash to continue being developed, and I am willing to make the dev's aware of that.

outrun
PC Specification: i5-480M Ati Mobility 5470 Win 7 64 Home

Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:26 am

I fully agree. SplashPro is the best player out there, and I encourage the developers to keep the work up. If necessary, they could begin a new project, SplashPro v2, with new features and new payment. It's well inverted money for me too, it's an app I use and enjoy everyday. Thanks devs, we're looking forward to hear from you! :D

P.J
PC Specification: i5-4460, 16GB RAM, GTX 960, Win10 x64

Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:24 pm

pirotrav wrote:@ sjc1963: While I understand your viewpoint, development costs money. The last thing I want is the devs to decide there is no money in Splash and dump it all into Action! or some other product. But it looks like they are working on SPLASH-BD. Frankly, this is by far the best player I have ever used. To me having a player that works well for my movies is well worth a small cash investment. While players like Media player classic offer customization, sometimes it is nice to have a player that just works. Competitors in this category like PowerDVD are garbage, and cost more to boot. Bottom line: I want splash to continue being developed, and I am willing to make the dev's aware of that.
You are not alone ;)

Return to “Splash PRO”