porto
PC Specification: i5-2320 3.00GHz, Nvidia GT 530, Win7 64

HEVC(H.265) support

Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:15 am

Hi there, I was wondering are you going to add support for HEVC(H.265) video format?

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Re: HEVC(H.265) support

Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:49 pm

I guess it will after it became a display standard.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

MasterCock
PC Specification: Phenom II X6, GeForce 780Ti, Windows 8.1

Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:25 pm

Is there really any point in waiting for HEVC becoming oh-so-obama-approved standard? x265 is mature now. There are plenty of rips encoded with x265, and VLC already has some HEVC support playing them all.

agerune
PC Specification: High End all round performance/quality.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:41 pm

i used to love and recommend splash pro to people.
i still love it in a way.
but there is a fundamental gap between what is absolutely required from a PROPER video player, which viewers EXPECT and NEED to have, and what mirillis think they need to have.

i'm sorry to say that, mirillis developers does not live in the same reality many of its potential clients do.
they do not have the same watch habits and uses for their video player.

H.265 is BECOMING something we'd like to have at its early stages of becoming the new standard, not its late stages.
but that is not even the big issue right now for me.

subtitles support is horrific.
i find myself more and more switching to my alternative video player because of poor subtitles support.
is it really so hard to add support of color coding in SRT? (for example)
obviously its a widely used standard.
even if its just an evolutionary addendum to a base standard, a support for it is requested by reality of available subs that implement it.

and what about SUB/IDX format that splash pro dont support?
some local language translators uses it to prevent competitive websites stealing and claiming credit for it.
are mirillis developers even aware of that?

even worse, many VIDEOS, especially those made from WEB SOURCED VIDEOS, glitch and skips when viewer with splash pro.
they does not do that with other players.

so clearly SPLASH PRO is disconnected from wide reality requirements of its users(or potential users).
that is a failure in both the software development map, and the business side of product/client overview.

and i believe, no.. i KNOW! this is one of the reasons SPLASH PRO sales are a fraction of what they could be if those issues had not been dragged and ignored for so long, losing its momentum when people loved and recommended it for all the good qualities it have.

maybe i should'v opened a new thread to say this.
maybe splash is a stillborn, and not even developed seriously anymore, as its developers moved to invest their times on more profitable ventures.
how else would you explain that the last developer blog was 2 years ago?

outrun
PC Specification: i5-480M Ati Mobility 5470 Win 7 64 Home

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:15 am

agerune wrote:i used to love and recommend splash pro to people.
i still love it in a way.
but there is a fundamental gap between what is absolutely required from a PROPER video player, which viewers EXPECT and NEED to have, and what mirillis think they need to have.

i'm sorry to say that, mirillis developers does not live in the same reality many of its potential clients do.
they do not have the same watch habits and uses for their video player.

H.265 is BECOMING something we'd like to have at its early stages of becoming the new standard, not its late stages.
but that is not even the big issue right now for me.

subtitles support is horrific.
i find myself more and more switching to my alternative video player because of poor subtitles support.
is it really so hard to add support of color coding in SRT? (for example)
obviously its a widely used standard.
even if its just an evolutionary addendum to a base standard, a support for it is requested by reality of available subs that implement it.

and what about SUB/IDX format that splash pro dont support?
some local language translators uses it to prevent competitive websites stealing and claiming credit for it.
are mirillis developers even aware of that?

even worse, many VIDEOS, especially those made from WEB SOURCED VIDEOS, glitch and skips when viewer with splash pro.
they does not do that with other players.

so clearly SPLASH PRO is disconnected from wide reality requirements of its users(or potential users).
that is a failure in both the software development map, and the business side of product/client overview.

and i believe, no.. i KNOW! this is one of the reasons SPLASH PRO sales are a fraction of what they could be if those issues had not been dragged and ignored for so long, losing its momentum when people loved and recommended it for all the good qualities it have.

maybe i should'v opened a new thread to say this.
maybe splash is a stillborn, and not even developed seriously anymore, as its developers moved to invest their times on more profitable ventures.
how else would you explain that the last developer blog was 2 years ago?
Excellent post, agerune, I can't add anything. Summarizes all that has been said around here. We understand that Action is the new product to put the efforts on, but Splash Pro seems discontinued. We told we can pay again, we understand, but you depelopers need to pull Splash Pro out of the deep hole is in, deprecated and forgotten for months and months.

Please, tell us something.

Aspirino
PC Specification: windows 8.1 AMD FM2 A8

Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:23 pm

We need H265 HEVC support in splash.
Cause we do not like Vlan
please upgrade splash soon

Return to “Splash PRO”