andym
PC Specification: P4 2.8GHz 3MB RAM, GeForce 6200, XPsp3

Audio stutter in mts playback

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:27 am

The video quality of ACHVD 'lite' playback (1280x720x30fps) is fantastic - but the audio volume 'stutters' - pulsing roughly 2x/sec. I'm running v1.1. This video is from a Panasonic ZS3 camera. Every clip does the same. I'm running on a 2.8GHz P4 box with a GeForce 6200 video card. Love the video quality and hope you can address the audio issue!! Thanks.

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Re: Audio stutter in mts playback

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am

Hi andym,

Your PC CPU may be a little to low to playback high bitrate HD video smoothly.
Please open Windows Task Manager and check your CPU utilization by Splash Lite process during video playback.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

andym

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:07 pm

I suspect you are right about the PC performance; looks like 85-90% CPU consumed during playback, and this probably contributes to the audio stutter. I tried downloading v1.2 with same result. It'd be nice to more gracefully manage the audio stream priority IMO. Right now video looks great and audio suffers. Any chance that hardware acceleration using the GeForce 6200 can help? Thanks.

Watchman
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: Core i9-7940X, nVidia RTX2080 SLI, Win10

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:46 pm

andym wrote:I suspect you are right about the PC performance; looks like 85-90% CPU consumed during playback, and this probably contributes to the audio stutter. I tried downloading v1.2 with same result. It'd be nice to more gracefully manage the audio stream priority IMO. Right now video looks great and audio suffers. Any chance that hardware acceleration using the GeForce 6200 can help? Thanks.
Hello andym!

Currently Splash Lite video decoding core is being strongly optimized for multicore CPUs, but there will be an update soon that addresses single core video decoding performance and there should be ~20% less CPU consumption on your PC configuration. This should fix the audio stuttering you are experiencing. As for the partial hardware acceleration unfortunately it will be available only on GeForce 7xxx series.

Best regards.

andym

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:07 am

Hi Watchman,
I just installed V1.3 of Splash Lite and tried again. Same 'audio stutter' issue so I suspect that 'single core' optimization isn't in yet. Hoping it comes next round! BTW - I Iooked around but GeForce 7xxx isn't available for my PC (it's an AGP graphics bus requiring a low profile card.)

Return to “Splash Lite (free)”