Mike
PC Specification: Intel Atom 1.6, Nvidia ION, Windows 7

Nvidia ION: True Color (32 bit) is smooth

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:19 am

Just an observation that may help others: I was happy to learn today that a new version of Splash is out. It works great. But in my installation, I learned that on my very low powered machine: True Color (32 bit) displays smoothly, High Color (16 bit) does not, when in full screen. I recently set my machine to 16 bit color, thinking that it would be easier on the video graphics. Apparently, not so. The 16 bit setting causes a "stutter" of the video. Not a "chop," not a stutter like I have see before, but sort of a gallop. 32 Bit color plays my AVCHD clips smoothly. Who would have thought? By the way, my machine is a netbook, has an Intel Atom 1.6 with the ION graphics chip, 2gb ram and Windows 7. I'll leave the default 32 bit color alone.

Watchman
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: Core i9-7940X, nVidia RTX2080 SLI, Win10

Re: Nvidia ION: True Color (32 bit) is smooth

Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:24 pm

Hello Mike!

Thank you for this very interesting and valuable feedback. Generally we advise to run Splash in True Color (32 bit) mode but we will further investigate this 16-bit problem because Splash should also work smoothly in this mode too. We will update this topic as soon as this problem is solved in next Splash releases.

Best regards.

Return to “Splash Lite (free)”