ipoiper
PC Specification: i3 3240, nvidia gtx 660, 16 gb ram, w7

win32 somoto trojan

Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi all !!!
In my opinion Splash lite is the best Hd player i found for free and i really enjoy using it.
Today while reinstalling the software, comodo firewall has found a "win 32 SOMOTO trojan". :?
Googling, i found that also other antivirus found the same trojan horse.
I ask you your opinion on this matter, i would use it also for future avoiding the trojan installation.

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Re: win32 somoto trojan

Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:57 pm

Splash Lite downloader has opportunity to install additional applications. They are not required to install Splash Lite, however some of the anti virus software are considering them as a threat.

If you are afraid that the Splash Lite Downloader may cause any damage to your PC please contact our support team via support@mirillis.com and ask them for an offline installer.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

MeiVincible
PC Specification: Intel i7 920, GTX 660 Ti, Windows 7 x64

Re: win32 somoto trojan

Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:25 am

My avast anti-virus found no threads with the downdloader file, guessing it's safe to open. But a scan with spybot and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware showed some similar reports like PUP.Optional.Somoto.

Digging pages on it, I can tell, It's NOT a virus or trojan, but as radi told here, the downloader has opportunity to install additional applications, like unwanted adware or change your home page settings.

I would personally avoid them.

richardmlldk
PC Specification: windows 7

win32 somoto trojan

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:46 am

I submitted my false positive to ClamAV via the link provided. They wrote back immediately stating that the ClamAV virus definitions do not find the win.trojan.ramnit-2501 virus. What more can I do?

Return to “Splash Lite (free)”