mir77
PC Specification: Intel GMA 4500HD, C2D P8600, 2 GB, W7-32

Sound is too quiet

Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:18 pm

Hello guys,
I very much like this video player. I'm using it quite while for now, but from the begining I'be got a problem with sound. And this problem is cousing me trouble on more computers, so I think the hardware is not to blame in this case.
Now about this problem. Everytime I watch a movie, the voices in this movie are to quiet in comparsion with other sound effects. If I want to correctly hear what the actors are saying, I need to turn volume UP. In that case the sound effect are too loud and it's not good at night :)
If I try another video player aka MKPlayer, BSPlayer, Windows Media Player, VLC Player, Media Player Classic, sound's ok. I've got to my laptop with Win7 32-bit hooked up 7.1 soundblaster... uff... don't know :) expresscard sound card, but the problem is even if I disconnect this card or if I try play the same movie on another computer or laptop.
I use Splash Lite mostly for playing HD movies in mkv format, but the problem is same even for old avi movie or series which i have burned on DVDs.
What can I do? The GPU acceleration allows me to fluently watch movies, which are big problem for MK Player, but the sound problem is too anoying.
Thank you for your replays.

P.J
PC Specification: i5-4460, 16GB RAM, GTX 960, Win10 x64

Re: Sound is too quiet

Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:55 pm

Playback options -> Audio -> set "AC-3 DRC" to "Compressed range", if didn't help, check Audio Boost and increase it.

mir77
PC Specification: Intel GMA 4500HD, C2D P8600, 2 GB, W7-32

Re: Sound is too quiet

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:44 pm

It seems like "only PRO" function :(

Return to “Splash Lite (free)”